Believing that all people are created in the image of God, are objects of His love, and have value and dignity imparted by God, Abundant Life follows the 8 Key Components articulated by the Christian Community Development Association:
- RECONCILIATION – Seeking to reconcile people to God, themselves, and one another through mutually transformative relationships
- LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY – Hearing and acting upon the ideas, hopes, assets, and felt needs of Prospect residents
- CHURCH-BASED – The local church is critical to the work of reconciliation and empowerment of all people, especially the poor and disadvantaged
- HOLISTIC APPROACH – Concerned with all parts of each person’s being – including the spiritual, physical, emotional, relational, economic, and other domains
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT – Raising up Christian leaders from Prospect who are committed to leading and serving the neighborhood
- EMPOWERMENT – Developing individual and collective resources and assets as a means to achieve their goals
- RELOCATION – Living and serving in community with our neighbors
- REDISTRIBUTION – When the people of God are living in community and loving their neighbors, just distribution of resources will follow
STATEMENT OF FAITH
The work of Abundant Life is guided by the CCDA Statement of Faith:
The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s son, redeems us through His death and resurrection and empowers us by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is God’s Word and through it we are called to live out justice, reconciliation, and redemption. The church nurtures God’s people gathered in a community to carry out God’s Word.
Doctrinally, we follow the NAE Statement of Faith and the Apostles Creed:
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, Born of the Virgin Mary, Suffered under Pontius Pilate, Was crucified, dead, and buried. He descended into hell; The third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, And sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost; The Holy catholic Church, the Communion of Saints; The Forgiveness of sins; The Resurrection of the body, And the Life everlasting. Amen.