Executive Director Transition Announcement
Aug 23, 2021|Written By: Laura Merricks
Dear Abundant Life Friends,
After nearly four years of joyful and thoughtful work to further Abundant Life’s mission in the Prospect neighborhood, Nathan Walton has announced that he will be departing from his role as full-time Executive Director in fall 2021. Nathan is pursuing a call as Co-Lead Pastor at East End Fellowship in Richmond, VA, a church affiliated with Church Hill Activities and Tutoring (CHAT), both CCDA member organizations. To ensure a smooth transition to our next Executive Director, Nathan will be providing part-time consulting support through the end of the year and will support our 25th anniversary celebrations.
A litany of accomplishments
Over his tenure, Nathan has strengthened and expanded Abundant Life’s ministry. A brief sample of his many accomplishments include:
- Overseeing the purchase of a second house for the ministry, thus creating an Abundant Life campus and moving all staff offices back to the neighborhood for the first time since 2004
- Re-establishing our ministry to teen women in the Prospect neighborhood by hiring a wonderful Young Ladies’ Program Coordinator
- Ensuring the establishment of the Abundant Life Fellows Program to provide support staff for our programs and CCDA training to a new generation
- Hiring a much-needed Program Director
- Re-establishing and expanding partnerships with 20 local churches
- Establishing and following through on a three-year strategic plan
- Leading the ministry in providing virtual learning centers and other support to our neighbors during a global pandemic
Nathan’s vision and leadership will be greatly missed by the staff, board, Fellows, and partners alike. We are grateful, however, that he is leaving the ministry in a place of health. We pray God’s richest blessings on his next chapter.
Search for a new director
Over the next several months, the Board will be conducting a thorough search to find Abundant Life’s next Executive Director. It is our priority to find a dynamic leader with a true passion for Abundant Life’s mission: To demonstrate God’s love through holistic community development in the Prospect neighborhood. Please share the job announcement with potential candidates who can help Abundant Life enter this next season of ministry. Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to ALboardchair@gmail.com by Sunday, September 19, 2021.
Chair, Abundant Life Board of Directors